For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday, April 18, 2011


Song of the Day: Who Am I by Casting Crowns (see video in post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Isaiah 32:9 Rise up, you women who are at ease, hear my voice; you complacent daughters, give ear to my speech.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So much for separation anxiety...that should be the title for today. :D I took the Hippie-Freak to his class a bit early so we could look in through the window in the door and watch the preschool group. He saw all the posters of the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, etc., and instantly fell in love. It took him a few minutes to acclimate himself, but when he realized he was going to be able to write his letters & color, among other things, he was fine. The teacher told me that she didn't think he'd have any trouble with me leaving but I didn't really believe her. Of course, she's been doing this for years and can probably tell if a child is going to have a problem as soon as he walks into the room. Before the class was half over I was able to leave and sit outside in the hall and wait for him. :)


After "school" we went to WalMart & I bought him some of those Scrabble Cheeze-Its that are only for school. He asked if he could go back to school tomorrow so he can eat them. :)  He did have regular chicken nuggets & a regular cupcake at school today (they were having an Easter party) and so far he has not had a reaction. I will continue to send food to school that he normally wouldn't have here and hopefully we will find out easily if he has issues with gluten or not. 

Before ds4's class we had violin lessons.  Here is K practicing for his upcoming recital.


Here's his best buddy doing what he normally does during violin practice...laying around. :D




To continue in my round-about recollection of our day...between school & WalMart we went to Nordstrom's Rack. My oldest son is a hard fit so we usually have to go high-end. Fortunately we live near a major outlet mall & have several other high-end resale shops nearby. I hadn't tried this one before but I don't have time to drive out to the mall right now. I was very pleased with the prices. Obviously, when you shop outlets, the selection is last season so he'll have to roll up his shirt sleeves at church come Summer. :D But the dress shirt came with an actual tie, not a clip-on, so I thought it was a pretty good deal.


Here is how Thing 2 and the Hippie-Freak amused themselves while waiting for their brother as he tried on his clothes:



Almost forgot...since it was raining & cold we didn't take the kids biking at the park. DH & I went to Lowe's (after a "necessary" trip to Panda Express) and bought a dishwasher.  It's a bute. :D I was so thankful he had several giftcards from his work so the end cost was a fraction of what we would have paid...a very small fraction. The Lord has certainly provided for us again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment