For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Song of the Day: Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath (see video in post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Rev 1:3b "..blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was Mom's day home. I finally took down the decorations from Valentine's Day (long story) and put up Spring & Easter decos. Sadly, I was too lazy to take a picture of the window when I thought of it so it will have to wait.  Maybe I'll clean the outside and impress people...probably not.

Long-haired, hippie-freak child (for lack of a better name) and his tornado-like baby brother were home with me.  Darn kid, he should be at ballet with his brothers.  What does he want to do?  Play baseball & basketball.  How weird is that?!? :D

Well, enough of my self-pity...

We ordered the hippie's school books for next year already (another long story--I have a lot of them...lol) and he's itching to start them. I'm trying to get him to finish his preschool books first.  We've been using some workbooks from Christian Light Education (the irony in that is a long story as well) this year. They are nice & he's really enjoyed "doing school" with his brothers. He'd do school every day if I let him. :) At any rate, I noticed in the new books they are going to emphasize coloring inside the lines right off the bat.  I started to talk to him about it. To be honest, it's hard for me to force him.  I'm not an "inside the lines" kinda person...just fyi. But I've learned that sometimes it's OK, even good, to go along with things like this. :D Fortunately, he's so excited about getting started on his new books that today, only a day after starting to talk to him about it, he willingly made his first attempt at coloring inside the lines.  I'm very proud. As long as he doesn't want his hair cut I think I'll be OK. haha.


At lunch, the boys & Dad came home to eat before returning to ballet for an afternoon of rehearsals.  Hippie-boy was not to happy to see them leave...without him.  But it's too long an afternoon & too hot on top of that.  He sat in front of the screen door for about 10 minutes after they left, then lay down on the floor and promptly fell to sleep. :)


I "cleaned" out the refrigerator.  That means I got rid of all the ucky stuff and cleaned with worst of the shelves. I don't get too detailed on that cleaning.  As long as it's clean where the food is, I'm OK for now.  I also have it organized now.  It's my new thing, organization.  I've become quite the task master too.  I'm sure my kids are tired of being charged for leaving their dance bags in the hall, but my book fund is growing nicely as a result.  :) So we are going little by little.  We started with the cars.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, may be left in the car when we get home...sometimes even when we are out (esp. as regards trash). Then I moved to the entry and foyer.  Now we are going on to the kitchen.  I was hoping that would take hold fast and we could move on to the bathroom (the other room I'd like to keep consistently clean) but we ran into a snag when our dishwasher broke.  Now we are doing all our dishes by hand.  Gosh, but 7 people use a lot of dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment