For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday, April 26, 2011


Song of the Day: Mozart's String Quintet No. 5--1st Movement  (see video in post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Ps. 27:4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got a few things together for the open house on Saturday.  Still not exactly sure what I'm doing since I've never participated in one before.  Oh, well, I'll know for next year.  The kids are working on their music/memory work for it.

Worked a bit on my sign language.  I don't think I'm ready for tomorrow's class.  I am fortunate to have the kids at about the same level, or higher. :0D It's helpful to have someone I can sign with.  It would probably be more helpful if I had someone who knew ASL perfectly since it's the grammar we are really struggling with.  I'll probably have to take the course again in the fall.  I just don't see how I can get that down in just six short weeks.  There are also videos to go with the book we use.  I may order those to review this summer.  It's fun at any rate. :)

Speaking of ASL...H-F's last birthday present arrived today...finally. :)  We ordered Leah's Farm from Signing Time.  All their DVDs were on sale last week for their 10th anniversary.  I'm going to watch for the next sale and get some more.  They're helpful with learning the signs, just not the grammar.

We also received our first shipment of books for the next school year.


The books look good.  When the readers arrive I'm going to go ahead and start Thing 1.  I know it says "2" and Thing 1 is going into 3rd grade, but I'd read that the language arts in this program is about a year ahead of typical grade level so I decided to start everything back & just accelerate it. From looking at the first workbook I can't see how that will be a problem for Thing 1.  

We had no GF kids with us today (H-F is now officially non-GF) so we went to Del Taco (Thing 1's choice) for dinner after ballet.  H-F was not really thrilled.  He'd hoped to go to Wendy's and have some french fries and chocky milkies. :)  But at least there was a train to watch. 


It wasn't really that loud.  He just does that as a precaution. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment