For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday, April 27, 2011


Song of the Day: Mighty to Save--Jeremy Camp  (see video in post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Ps. 10:17 O LORD, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was going to simply say that it was a pretty awful day during which nothing happened.  That is, I am not really proud of much today. But I did receive T2's reading book & T1's language arts books and enjoyed looking at them.  I really think this is going to be a good fit as far as workbooks go.  I think the kids will like them a lot.  The stories are very nice & point the reader to Godly behavior and attitudes.  I find this somewhat difficult to find in classical literature because my boys do not infer anything.  They are "black & white" only.  Everything must be spelled out.  If it's not moralistic, they won't know what you're trying to convey. :D

I have a few things set aside for the open house on Saturday.  I had a lapbook of H-F's but I think he ran off with it.  I'll have to look for that since we may not be done with our current one in time.

I read a bit in my book today.  Always nice to be able to have time for that.  

No pics to post due to aforementioned difficult day.  Maybe tomorrow.

T2 did have a funny moment while working on his school work.  "Mom, the opposite of 'sucked' is 'fantastic.' Um, what kind of words do they have in this 2nd grade book?!? "Let me see it."  Laugh hysterically. "Honey, that's 'soaked.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment