For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

31 Days to Clean--Day 2

Today was another day to be thankful to God for showing me His love in small ways.  The assignment was to clean out the refrigerator.  Under normal circumstances this is a daunting task, one that I certainly wouldn't have time to do on a school day. But a week and a half ago we had H-F's birthday party here so I had already "cleaned" the refrigerator.  I hadn't scrubbed it all, but I had tossed the unknown science projects & wiped up the worst of it.  It was still dirty (especially under the bottom drawers) but it was not anything to make me give up the "challenge" on the second day.

I had to take it in small spurts.  The temp today is over 90F so it's probably not a good idea to have the fridge open for too long at a time.  This made it more bearable too.  I could still work with the kids on their lapbooks while I waited for the fridge to cool back down. :) I got so motivated looking at the clean thing I had to wipe down the fingerprints on the door jam next to it.

I didn't take any before pictures.  The inside of a dirty fridge can be nauseating sometimes. :D

So now the fridge is clean. I enjoyed standing in front of the freezer, I can tell you. :) Then we took a dip in the spa to cool down a bit more.

PS I hoped I assumed correctly that I was only to clean out ONE refrigerator. :)

1 comment:

  1. You have more than one fridge? lol Don't worry, I have a deep freezer I didn't clean out. But, we just bought it a couple months ago and doesn't need it yet.

    Good job! :)
    Christin
    Joyful Mothering

    ReplyDelete