For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

31 Days to Clean--Day 7



Homemakers Challenge - 31 Days to Clean

...or, What Happens Every Time I Make a List. :D

Whenever I make a list, things happen that normally don't happen.  My life is rather ordinary.  I have my schedule (school in the morning, ballet in the afternoon) & it happens the same way every day.  I have no real "list" to go by and that's because every time I've tried to get into list making, something happens to interrupt it.  Fortunately, I know that now so it came as no "real" surprise yesterday afternoon when I received an e-mail from my friend letting me know we were still on for "tonight" for cleaning at her new place.  It was certainly news to me that a date had been set. :D

That said, it was good to have a focus on what needed to be accomplished.  I think a list is good, except when it is inflexible.  When I told a friend at ballet yesterday afternoon about the six-list idea he, a former stay-at-home-dad, immediately said what I'd been thinking from the moment I read it..."That's for people without kids." LOL.  With kids, lists can be good, but we've gotta remember to be really loose with it.  If not, we will become agitated, even angry, when something interrupts our plans.  

Last night, while we were at my friend's new house, cleaning, one of our friends got a call that her daughter had fallen off the teeter-totter and broken her arm.  So much for her list of things to do today. ;)

~~~~

As for the pantry...

We really don't have one right now.  We tore it out last year.  We are slowly remodeling our kitchen.  We do each little thing as we have time & money.  The pantry originally went because we intended to move the larger refrigerator into the house from the garage and into that location, but once we tore it out we realized it made our kitchen so much bigger that we were loathe to give up the space.  Now our food is spread out around the dining room.  We have some on the sideboard, some on the air hockey table, some in a clothes dresser & some on a book shelf. :D  I had already cleaned the dresser & organized it before H-F's birthday party last month & it's stayed pretty nice.  I decided to start with the table & sideboard.  I didn't make it to the book shelves, for obvious reasons, but today's task is easy enough for me (I only have two drawers to organize) that I might be able to finish it.  We'll see.  I have school tonight & I have to study today.

I didn't have a chance last night to make up a list.  I pretty much went straight to sleep when I got into bed. :) I'll try again tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hey we gotta begin somewhere and yes, life doesn't always collide well with "our" plans. Always be flexible! :)

    ReplyDelete