For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday, May 2, 2011


Song of the Day: Our House by Crosby, Stills, & Nash  (see video in post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Gen 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the day started like a normal Monday, all the way up to driving to violin lessons.  Of course, there were no violin lessons today and if I hadn't been sick yesterday & had done my May calendar like I should have, I'd have known that. :D

Monday is also H-F's school day so I took him and dropped him off.  He had no hesitation as he said good-bye today.  Of course, he was writing his letters so why would he? :)

At home we worked on school stuff too.  Thing 2 helped me finish up the skip counting file folder game.


And Thing 1 worked on his penmanship.


Thing 2 loves his penmanship so much he'd finished it (all of Colorado) by the time I got home from taking H-F to school. 


I got back to school in time to see H-F do his show & tell.  He took his little barn we found at the cake store.  When the teacher asked where he bought it he said, "Um, the grown up store." :)


Babycakes spent some time in the swing while Dad was cooking the burgers on the grill.

I almost made some GF Oatmeal cookies, but it was so hot & I had bought a chocolate pie for us non-GF folks so I saved it for another day...preferably a much cooler day. :)


Here is Babycakes actually eating a lot of food.  Unusual for him.  He's a picky eater. :/


Well, if I'm gonna take a picture of the baby at the table, H-F figures I ought to take one (or four) of him as well.


After dinner we went to IKEA to pick up some parts for the kids' wardrobes that were out of stock last time.  I picked up a few other things too, including these "candelabras" and candles.  The flowers I had bought earlier at Stater Bros.  Not pictured, a red trash can for my desk area, a red & a blue spray bottle for the kitchen & a really ugly plant and pot.  I have a thing for really ugly plants. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment