For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

On Tap for the Coming Week


Song of the Day: My One Thing by Rich Mullins  (see video in post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Ps. 73:25  Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Skipping to Oregon--skip counting file folder game.

Kangaroos & Boomerangs--Seven Times Tables

Fact Family Values--Addition & Subtraction

Fact Family Values--Multiplication & Division

Thing 2 will start the next segment of his State Fact penmanship.

Thing 1 will continue his Orchestra copywork. (Note to folks whom I "quoted" a price to on Saturday. I must have bought this on sale, coz I never would have spent $6 on it.  I'm far too cheap. :D)

We'll start a lapbook on Proverbs 1.

And another on tornadoes. We may not use the exact book since our library didn't have it. I did order one from CLP when I ordered some of our books on Friday so we'll probably use that instead, along with a bunch of factual books about tornadoes.

I wanted to do one on birds as well but I don't think we'll have time to start that.

After some contemplation & prayer I have decided to try the 31 Days to Clean at Joyful Mothering. I will attempt refrain from most comments on the theology of the book until I the end and render a full review when I am finished at the end of the month (provided I make it that far :D). The daily work will be a good test to see if our new school schedule will allow me time to keep things somewhat in order around here. :)

I was also asked to say something about post-partum depression which I plan to do this weekend for Mother's Day.  I hope to come up with something more profound than "It sucks." :D

No comments:

Post a Comment