For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Song of the Day:  Word of God Speak by Mercy Me (see post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Ps. 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So yesterday Thing 2 finished his first reading workbook.  Yikes!! That was fast.  Basically 6 school days.  I got online and ordered the rest of the level 100s for him so he could finish them as quickly as he'd like.  Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the fact that he was going to finish his first language arts workbook today. Fortunately, they hadn't shipped it yet so I was able to add on the next four & two more of the social studies workbooks, just in case. :D  I was so glad that I hadn't used expedited shipping.  I thought about it so he could get his reading done, but decided to save the extra $2.

Later we had another "small" Providence at ballet. DH called to see if H-F wanted to be picked up, which he did so dh was on his way.  I waited outside in the parking lot and chatted with a friend whose son is in Thing 1's level.  DH arrived, we transferred carseats & kids, but before he left The Teenager came out having opted not to take his second class because his leg was hurt.  I had already made an appt for next week with the accupressurist, but my son felt he couldn't wait that long since he has two long rehearsals this weekend.  My friend (whose wife is an osteopath--is that the right term, I can't remember) said that she'd had a cancellation for tomorrow morning so I will be able to get him in to be worked on tomorrow.  It really just worked out so perfectly.  I am a very blessed person. :)  Now if we can figure out the park day we were supposed to have with our friends who are moving out of town...

No comments:

Post a Comment