For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Friday, July 8, 2011

And So the Week Is Finis

3in30 Challenge


As I watch the sun come up through the trees across the street I realize...Oh, my gosh, it's Friday!!! Already?!? Oh, and, I had better go shut up the front of the house coz it's gonna start getting hot now.

OK, we're safe now.  Well, at least until it gets so hot it doesn't feel like it made a difference. :D

Basically this week, and it's goals, was affected by the heat.  It's darn hot. It's not a little hot, it's way too hot.  It's so hot I was considering air conditioning. 8O! Yep, sinuses be, um, darned. I'll take a sinus infection over this heat. OK, so I've already forgotten how horrible a sinus infection is, but seriously, how bad can it be compared to not being able to move? :D Yes, I was thinking how much easier housework would be with a little (or a lot, rather) a/c. I probably would have emptied far more boxes, cleaned far more dishes, etc. I think I only made the bed one day the whole week. Ugh.

I did realize though, that I need to get started at least on a Morning Routine. I've put it off waiting for the normal school year to start but I think it would be far more effective if I got that part going now.  I can probably even get a basic evening routine going, though, let's face it, I might have to throw the whole evening part out as soon as August arrives.

I *did* get one important thing done.  I cleaned off the dreaded corner on the kitchen counter.  Honestly, when I went through the 31 Days Challenge I didn't have a problem with the counter, but it's since started to bug me so I went through everything in the drain and got rid of half of it. 8O!! Now I have to wash up all the sippy lids we are keeping (that's the main component of the corner) and match them with cups.  So I got half the kitchen done.

So here's my view of my goals:

1) eh, not so good. I did do it several times but I think 10 minutes is too short a time for me.  It gives me an excuse to take a break too often. :D But I think it is good to show me just how much I can get done in 10 minutes.

2) um, slow and steady wins the race? Well, I got the kitchen started.  I think it might be easier this coming week when there is not even a threat of triple-digit temps.

3) uh, well, I uh, it was HOT, OK?!? hehehe. Oh, and there was a holiday weekend.  We actually weren't home much. Yeah, that makes me feel better. :) This one is going to be more difficult than I thought.  Even three boxes a day, when trying to maintain everything else and get everyone where they need to be when they need to be there, is daunting.  I will give it another go this week, though.  It really must get done. And swim lessons start the following week...**wimper**

No comments:

Post a Comment