For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Loud

  


Loud. It's always loud around here. Lots of boys playing is loud. Even the quiet ones are loud when playing. Lately it's been loud with singing. Braniac has found a new hobby...memorizing and singing songs. He sings, at the top of his lungs, everywhere we go, "God's not dead. He's surely alive. He's livin' on the inside, roarin' like a lion." :) People in the store hear him and compliment his singing. He gets bashful for a moment, says "thank you" at my prompting, then goes right back to it.

Makes me think...how loud is my faith? No, I don't need to stand on a street corner with a megaphone declaring it. I don't have to sing in the stores like my 4yo. But is my faith acted out "loudly?" Can people tell when we are in quiet conversation that I even have faith? Is it loud enough to drown out the sounds of the world played out in people's heads all day? Is it loud enough to give people something to think about?

For too many years my faith has been so quiet that Horton couldn't hear it. ;) It's time for that to change.

Five minutes up.

Go to The Gypsy Mama to read some more, possibly more sensational, Five Minute Friday entries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment