For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Texas 2012 Day 4

For my non-Instagram stalkers. ;) 



Awoke to a hot, hot day. But only 104 expected so it was an improvement over last year. :D


When you are in Texas you have to eat these waffles. We discovered ours is not the only hotel that serves these. They are everywhere. The irony of course is that by making it shaped like Texas it's smaller than a regular waffle. But don't tell the Texans that, they probably wouldn't like that. ;)


We had some nice visits with my grandmother. I showed her all the pictures I had of the kids. It's difficult to do much with an Alzheimer's patient. I learned last year that looking at the pictures gave her something to focus on. I know she won't remember, but I do think the feeling is there.


We were very glad to have my "new" laptop along. We watched church on Sunday morning and Wednesday night.


Later after another visit we had a snack.


Then went swimming.


Except Babycakes who wasn't very interested.




I had planned to finish these before I got home but I was just so exhausted most nights from driving that I will work on them over the next week. For now I need to get ready and get my poor, now-dented, van into the carwash for it's once a year treat of a professional wash, wax, and the works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment