For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Hello Mornings Link-Up


The Hello Mornings crew has a great link-up today. I haven't had a chance to try the coffee yet, but I have a bag of Avodah's Morning Brew sitting here, waiting for me to get to the store to buy creamer. ;D

I learned some nice things my first go round of HMC last Spring. Mostly I learned to cut myself some slack. I will post about my religious tendencies at a later time, but suffice to say I really was thinking I needed to get up like clockwork, pardon the pun.  My biggest challenge was Thursday morning. We have AWANA the night before and it is just so hard to get up. One of the ladies suggested I get up a little later on Thursday. Yeah, I know, obvious to you, but not to me. lol. It worked wonderfully. In fact, I started getting up and hour later on Saturday too since our day starts later. It has really made each day much easier.

Another thing that helped was using Twitter instead of e-mail or Facebook. I know it's a bit public, and it's not as easy to figure out as the others, but it is far less distracting. Get on Twitter, check in, read the brief messages from the other group members, respond, pray for what needs to prayed for, get on with your day. I honestly can't think of a time I've been able to stay focused when going through e-mail or Facebook. :D

Come Summer we were without an A/C so I somehow ended up being nominated by a HMC person who shall remain unnamed. ;) I'm not really a born leader so it wasn't really what I wanted to do. But I do love to encourage people. It turns out that's mostly what an A/C does. I'm going to give it a try this fall when things are really crazy here and see how it goes.

The best about being an A/C has been getting to know the HMC team better on Facebook. It was so nice to see the heart that goes into making HMC a success. The ladies really have a great love for the Lord and for their sisters in Christ. I've found great encouragement in my walk with Christ as a result of reading their posts and blogs, as well as encouragement in my daily life of being a wife and mom.

If you are interested in signing up for the Fall Challenge that starts August 20, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment