For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Texas 2012 Day 8

On which I tried to take out a Sonic Drive-In with the Monster Van.


It began like any other traveling day...gas & ice. We were all tired so we tried to push it to Kingman. Got as far as the middle of nowhere and Braniac vomited. I don't think we will ever again have a road trip on which someone does not vomit. It seems par for the course these days.



We finally made it to Kingman and to Sonic, which I promised the kids. I was eyeing the parking spaces and thought, gosh these seem more narrow than the one's at home. While I was trying to pull in I heard a really nasty sound. :/



We fled the scene, after eating our lunch and consuming our ice cream at a leisurely pace, and didn't stop again until the first rest stop in CA. Well, except that one where they ask you where you were last night around 8pm....OK, they just want to know where you're coming from. I never really know what to answer. Do I give them the entire story? Do I tell them where this leg of the trip originated? Do they just want to know where I was last night...around 8pm? I always say Flagstaff. It musn't be too much of a seedbed of intrigue coz they always just wave me through...or maybe it's just that the idea of an fat, middle-aged woman, with entirely too many children could never be involved in anything nefarious....because she simply wouldn't know where to put it in her schedule. ;D


Ah, return to civilization...and you can't have civilization without smog. :)


BTW, if you ever want to know why we bought this house...this is it. Yep, a nice view of the mountains every single day (almost). *sigh* I feel so much safer with mountains around...it's a Montana thing, you probably wouldn't understand.


This makes me cry. It's cleaned now, but the big scratch on the bottom is there. Need to find my touch-up paint. :/


Very nice flowers waiting for us upon our return. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment