For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Never done this one before, but my friend Conny does and it looks fun. And I should really be cleaning now that it's cooled down so nicely this evening...so...;D. (Click on the button to take you to From This Side of the Pond where you'll find Wednesday hodgepodge.)


1. I included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post on Monday..."The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb its routine." When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine' and how'd you do it?

Well, our routine was to homeschool the kids which meant to spend hours each day trying to help two who have LDs while trying to teach one to read, and help two more when they have questions. I disturbed that routine by sending the three middles to school. They'll start the 28th. It will definitely be different.

2. What's your favorite fried food indulgence?

I'm with the author...I don't eat a lot of fried foods. I thought I did, until I had to answer this question. :D Fried shrimp is also my fave...especially the Honey Walnut Shrimp at Panda Express.

3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?

No, but I had a paper route. Yes, folks, I'm old enough to remember when it was still legal for kids to earn a living. :) I spent it on garbage. Pop Tarts and Soap Opera Digest were the main things I bought. :D

4. What's something you wish you knew more about?

Cars. I wanted to learn to work on cars in high school but was told at our school in Montana that I couldn't because I was a girl. It's probably why I hate that sort of gender discrimination now.

5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?

Have another kid. That last one nearly killed me. I'm pretty sure I'd end up on bed rest in the hospital if I tried again. :)


6. What's a song you think has a great first line?

I think all of Casting Crowns' songs have pretty good first lines but my fave is "Careless, I am reckless. I'm a wrong-way travelin' slowly unravelin' shell of a man." From The Alter and the Door.


7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post. In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head?

I really write mostly for myself, for practice, but many times I write in the hopes that there is someone out there, like me, who needs to know that there is another person like them in the world, with the same confusions, joys, sadnesses...that they are not alone.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Random thought...If I thought last year was weird and life changing, I have a feeling that this year will be so in spades. But it will be "easier" in that I have begun to learn to trust God instead of man...including so-called Christian leaders. Now, I suppose, the trick will be to re-learn to trust. After last year, it's still extremely difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment