For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

31 Days to Clean--Day 3

To start, I must apologize.  It has been many years since I blogged, and more years since I participated in one of these inter-blog, um, thingies. :D I realized this morning that I should be linking to the main blog for this challenge.  It is Joyful Mothering. It has been a joy to read her posts & gain encouragement each day. Here we are only on Day 3 and boy do I need the encouragement.  :)

Today there was a list of ways to focus our hearts toward our family & home.  It was so good I think I may put it in the "good-bye" books I plan on giving my boys as they leave the house (with some modifications to make it appropriate for single guys :)).

I liked pt. 10 the best: Ask the Lord: What areas of my home are causing stress or bringing spiritual/
emotional/mental ‘deadness’? What can I do to bring life to those places instead to
make them a place of refuge?

What a wonderful way of putting it.  Usually we would see the word "frustration" or "overwhelmed" but "deadness" makes us realize what it truly is.  If it's a thing to be made alive we can do that with God's  help. That makes it much less "frustrating" and "overwhelming." It puts our focus away from ourselves and toward God, imo.

As to the task for today, I would like to blame the mention of shining the cabinets on my lackluster feelings. It's not, but why take responsibility? ;) Seriously, I did the top of the fridge but the cabinets are beyond hope. I found that out the first time I tried to clean them when we moved in nearly 8 years ago. :/  We are in the process of replacing them so when the new ones are in it will be easy to clean them.  I *did* clean the outside of the dishwasher. It's stainless steel so now it's nice and shiny. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, there is no "one size, fits all" method, is there? ;-)

    We are actually getting ready to paint our WHITE cabinets a Nutmeg color. So they needed to be wiped before we could paint.

    Now we just need to hurry up and paint them before I have to wipe them again. Ha ha! :)

    Christin
    Joyful Mothering

    ReplyDelete