For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Happy" Mother's Day

I planned to post something about post-partum depression today, but it'll have to be done at some later date.  I forget that holidays are hard now.  Each one, I call my grandmother (for those who don't know, I consider her my mom). Each one she remembers less.  Since she was officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's a little over a year ago it has been more and more difficult.  She doesn't remember what happened five minutes ago.  On the plus side, she remembers what happened years ago so she hasn't forgotten me...yet.  I guess that's the moment I dread.  I guess that's what makes holidays so hard. Growing up with my grandparents I went through many deaths.  Deaths of their parents, siblings, friends.  It always bothered me that someday it would be them, I just never foresaw this long goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment