For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Song of the Day:  There Will Be a Day by Jeremy Camp (see post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Rev. 21:4 "...He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Mother's Day all. No, really, I mean it. ;)

We had a very nice day.  My in-laws came to church then over to our house for lunch. While waiting for the pork chops to grill the kids played with bubbles, which made our dog very happy...


Here she is, trying to catch a bubble.  She caught a lot.  We have to put her in her kennel after a bit coz she'll keep on chasing & eating until she drops.



Our little dog prefers to lick the bubbles off our hands.  It's too complicated to catch them, I suppose. :)


Here's the Teenager with my fil, watching the kids.  It's always sad when teenagers think they're too old to have real fun. Then you have to wait until they get in their mid to upper twenties before they're interesting again. ;D

The table.  My dh got me that nice bromeliad.  I love them. :) The gerbera is for my mil.  And there are the eggs H-F decorated.



We celebrated my mil's birthday today as well.  It was last month but we were always too busy to get around to it.


Here's the Teenager trying to get out of the picture.  I try to tell him his pictures would look less dorky if he'd just stand still but you can't tell teenagers anything. LOL.


We bought her some candles & holders from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Thing 2 & H-F love the candles there.  H-F helped me pick these out.


Next I opened my cards and gifts.  It's not shown, but I got a purple silky pillow with "LOVE" attached to it.  I think I'll put it all back together tomorrow and take a pick.  It was obviously from Thing 2.  He is the biggest lovie-dovie of them all. :) I also got some nice lavender feetie things you heat in the microwave then put on your feet to relax them, from my dh. I love the smell of lavendar. There is also cream.  I guess you put it on your feet if they are dry, then put them into the slipper type things.


Thing 2 also got me a funny card that had absolutely nothing to do with reality, but it cracked him up and he knows I like to laugh so he bought it. :)


Here's the cake.  I used Gluten Free Pantry's Dark Chocolate Cake Mix with homemade buttercream icing.  The candies are obviously store-bought, but I prefer them to trying to write the words myself.  I'm too out of practice, but I hope to rectify that...after I'm all done with the sign language classes.



Thing 1 took this pic of my mil.


Then it was back to church.  Afterwards we played outside with the other kids, as per usual.


Babycakes is really getting around these days. :)


H-F was very proud of the "flower" he found and picked inside the slide.


Thing 1 is getting around these days too.  It always makes me smile to see him so active...some never thought he would be.


And then, after that, we went to McDonald's since we didn't after church.  H-F was so glad to see "animal" toys again.  Something called Zoobals, or Zoobles.  I've never heard of them but they are animals from the zoo so we must have them.  Which reminds me of something H-F said today that he meant seriously but made a funny joke.  "Where is the animal store?" "The zoo."  Poor kid was not happy when we all cracked up. :D

Guess that's all.  Still haven't gotten around to the 31 Days Challenge post yet.  I think it will have to wait until morning.  It's 11 pm and we have violin at 9am.

No comments:

Post a Comment