For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Since Last Monday (pt. 3--where we dumped a lot of pennies..and played some more)

Friday night was the annual MCC Sale in Upland.  My dh is from a Mennonite family which is how we learned of this fun event.  The kids love it.  But The Teenager loves ballet more.  He wouldn't miss it this year.  I did pick him up after his rehearsal and bring him over so he did get to go for a few minutes.

I really hoped to find at least one or two CLE books but didn't find any.  I found a few biographies, and a couple of old wildlife encyclopedia's to add to my set.  Thing 1 & Thing 2 found hymnals & Thing 2 found a nice KJV.  There weren't as many books there that I needed like last year.  I bought about 50 or more last year so I can't complain. :)



The kids save pennies through the year and them dump them into the box via a very noisy "slide."



The Teenager was at rehearsal this year so didn't get to drop any pennies.  I doubt he would have anyway.  I saw several moms dumping their kids' pennies in while their teenagers stood on the side watching.  Truly, the best thing in life to be is not-a-teenager-anymore.  What a waste of fun times to be had insisting on being "cool."

On Saturday morning we were back, though not as early as we had planned.  Someone woke up in the middle of the night, I can't remember who, and I decided that it might be better to let Thing 1 sleep a little later than 6am since he also had a recital that night.  In hindsight it probably would have been fine, but better safe than sorry. :)

Here are some interesting things you can buy at the sale.


I really wanted one of these rotary phones, but they had the old wires and I don't know if you can convert them.



Some old political cards.


The middles waiting for the kids' auction.  They didn't get the first thing they wanted to bid on so I let them bid for something else.


It's pretty cool, radio controlled truck with MP3 player.  They could argue whether they were going to listen to Brahms or Jeremy Camp while driving it.  But they didn't get that either so they have to find something else to argue about.

I bought this at the book sale.  I also got a Theodore Tugboat video & an 80s version of Grammar Rocks.  Basically it's the Grammar Rocks videos only in between it has kids & Cloris Leachman singing & wearing 80s clothes.  It's painful, I gotta tell you.


Here's what my dh did when he got home.  I took Thing 2 and The Teenager back to ballet for more rehearsals.  But that's enough for another entry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment