For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Small Update

I've been trying to blog now for several days, even started twice (you can tell coz I posted videos--I almost always do that first) and cannot have a moment to do it.  I've wanted to post about the kids starting CLE though.  Thing 2 is just cruising through the workbooks.  He works mostly on his own with minimal corrections needed.  Thing 1 is another story...as usual.  He's trying to adjust to this method of learning. I think he'll do well eventually.  He did about half the work on his own today.  He still needs a little assistance with anything creative.  I hope this will help him in that area.  The Teenager will not begin until we start back in August.  He has his work to finish I had already laid out for him.  H-F is still finishing the preschool workbooks from (technically) R&S then will start the "pre-K" books in August.

Here are a few pics of Things 1 & 2 working.


Thing 2 did this drawing in his Social Studies workbook.  It's him & H-F (respectively) with their wardrobes. :)


Thing 2 working hard.


This is a drawing Thing 2 did for Reading today.  Two boys & a girl eating lunch under a tree. :)


Thing 1 working on Language Arts.  He did a few drawings today as well.  I'll have to look for them tomorrow and take pics.  I was very pleased that he did them and didn't put up an argument. I think he's more interested in doing what is requested because the books are "Christian."  Both my middles are very motivated by their faith.  What can make a mom happier? :)

Hopefully life will slow down so I can at least post a daily gratitude.  I have spent the past two days recovering from the previous four days. :D  Tomorrow we should be completely back on track. (Well, as long as I don't make anymore lists. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment