For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tuesday, May 4, 2011


Song of the Day: I'm Alive by Pocket Full of Rocks  (see video in post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse: Phil. 1:20 ...as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a day. It started great.  I woke up right when my alarm went off. Did my bible reading even before getting out of bed.  Got into the shower right away.  I was really going along smoothly...then it all began to fall apart.  Don't know why, but it did.  Lost track of the time and lost the bid on the school book I wanted on eBay.  Lost track of time again and almost forgot to get Thing 1 to his violin lesson.  Then I was just so lackadaisical the rest of the day I have no idea how I accomplished the small amount I did. :(

One thing I did get done was to start the clay heart pendants the boys wanted to make for my mil for Mother's Day.  They wanted to send one to my Grama but I told them it would be better if they handed it to her when they saw her coz she doesn't really remember a whole lot anymore. :(  

Anyway, I found this project at  The Chocolate Muffin Tree.  It was so cool (and easy) I knew we had to try it.  It's clay, something my kids don't often work with coz we can't make our own and no Playdough is allowed in the house due to Thing 2's Celiac Disease.  The boys had great fun.  I had to make my own to show them how since they didn't really even know how to roll out the clay into a snake-like strand.

Here are the results:


They obviously made a few other things as well. :)


While we were getting things together I heard H-F say, "Mommy, look, I made a magic trick." He had put the step stools together.  He was so sweet I had to take a picture of it...with my Easter bunny. :)  As an aside...about the Easter bunny...H-F is forever bringing it to me as if I would want it with me always, in the same we his brothers and I are always taking him his favorite stuffed animals. :)

The kids got into the pool in the afternoon before ballet.


Here's a pic of one of our cacti that is flowering right now.


Anyway, the day did not end badly.  I had a nice chat with a friend at ballet.  Took Thing 2 into the ballet store so he could look around for cool stuff he wants to buy.  Then I went to the ASL class.  It's a fun class and I've learned a lot.  I'm still struggling with the grammar so I'll take it next term as well.  After class I had to get the handouts I missed last week so I thought I'd use the opportunity to ask the teacher if she knew of a class the kids could take, since they're the ones who actually wanted to learn it in the first place.  We had a nice long conversation about how my kids really wanted to learn to talk with deaf people (even though they don't know any) and then she asked where they went to school.  When she found out we homeschool she had more questions for me than I had for her. :D I did not know how to answer her questions about getting started, though.  It's been nine years now and I cannot remember that sort of thing (state laws, etc) only how I file each year. I couldn't even remember any websites that would help her since I mostly read blogs by homeschoolers and visit curriculum sites only.

So we had two really nice pieces of bread but in between there was crunchy, instead of creamy, peanut butter & jelly, instead of jam.  Not too bad a day.  Definitely nothing to really complain about. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment