For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Weekend

Song of the Day:  No Not One by Brandon Heath (see post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse:  1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can't believe it's Monday already.  So glad for the holiday. It's nice to not HAVE to be somewhere.  I did go to the "plant store" this morning to get a few indoor plants and to the grocery store for our normal shopping.  Doing the bathroom cleaning assignments today for the 31 Days. I finished the bedroom assignments yesterday. Getting the closet cleaned was huge motivation, I just kept going from there. Now all the room needs is grown-up paint (it was the kids' room before we had Babycakes) and maybe a nice chair & lamp for reading. :)

Saturday we went to the book sale at the library.  Got a few nice things including a DVD of The Wizard of Oz.  The little kids have never seen it.  It's weird to think how, when I was their age, nearly everyone at school watched it on TV once a year. It was such a big deal.


They had to watch it on our portable DVD player since we hadn't hooked up our new one yet.


This is the view from my clean room.  OK, the screen's not so clean (neither is the window) but I won't have time for that until August or September so I'll just have to deal. :)


I was trying to read yesterday afternoon in my clean room when H-F brought in one of his Kindy workbooks. He used the number chart to help him count to 100.  I'm very proud. :)

You can see our changing closet in the background. I suppose some day it will be a real closet...or maybe I'll make it into a reading nook. *longing sigh*


Since we bought the boys wardrobes for their clothes, we had two empty cubbies where they used to put their clothes (in baskets). Now we had empty floor and wall space since cleaning up our storage closet bedroom so we put them here.  These are some of my theology & Christian books.  I'm trying not to get sidetracked trying to figure out how to organize and catalogue them. That's what happens whenever I re-organize my books, which is why I don't like to do it often.


Here's the first wall.  You can see what the indoor plants are for. I need to find my vase, or maybe I'll find one at Target later, and I'll put some roses from the garden on the side table there.  It will at least make the room more colorful. Oh, and the rabbit was a gift from my dh so I think he's OK with it there. :)


Here's the second wall. You can see the other plant I purchased.  The cubbies are not empty due to a lack of books (I have around 3,000) I just had enough dust for one day and had to give it a rest.  Dust starts to make me sick after a while so I'll work on the rest of these books later in the week.


Here's the last wall (the rest of it is just window).


Looks like we'll get some blackberries this year.  My fave.


I've been practicing taking pictures holding the camera (or in this case, my phone) backwards. This was a fairly good result. 

Happy Memorial Day and Blessings to the families of our fallen soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment