For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Monday, May 30, 2011

31 Days to Clean--Day 21


Homemakers Challenge - 31 Days to Clean



"The important things in life require us to step up and carefully consider the cost. I
can’t imagine driving my car across a bridge that was thrown together by someone
who said, “Let’s see how much weight it can take before this thing breaks.” But I can
drive my car over that bridge with confidence when I know that it was carefully
planned out and designed with endurance in mind."

Today's topic was planning. As the quote from the book shows, planning is probably a good thing. I've never been particularly good at it coz I wasn't raised in a family that planned in great detail.  It wasn't until my oldest son was in his first Nutcracker that I even bought myself a calendar to put dates in.  Now, I'm a calendar addict.  I've been trying to transfer that over to list-making. It hasn't gone well until I read this book.  I would get very frustrated because with five kids my list always seems to get interrupted but never seems to get done. But realizing that it's one thing at a time has helped.

I do have an app on my phone that is great for those lists that get interrupted.  It's call Do It Tomorrow. The great thing about this app is you can either forward to tomorrow things on your list that don't get done, or it will automatically forward it for you, just in case you forget about your list completely. :D

I worked on all the bathroom tasks today since the other days were just too busy to get much of anything done.  It had been so long since I'd cleaned out the cabinet under the sink (I want to say at least four years) I was able to condense our medicine box and our bandage box to one. We used to have quite a bit of medicine around when Thing 1 & Thing 2 were younger because they were very sickly due to their respective conditions. Two grocery-trash bags later the cabinet was clean.  Now we'll be able to find something again. :)

I decided to go ahead and replace the rugs since their non-skid backing was gone.  That stuff goes quickly. :/ I also got my flowers in.  I bought some vases at Target with some rocks for the bedroom vase & shells for the bathroom vase.  I've never used these things before so the flowers in the large vase look a little off to me. In the photo they look blurred because of the shadow.  I didn't notice it until I uploaded the pics.





 Here's a floor you won't worry about fainting on. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment