For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Friday, June 3, 2011

This Week

Song of the Day:  Spoken For by Mercy Me (see post below)
Reading: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (read free, online here)
Verse:  John 14:1 Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it's certainly been busy since I started the 31 Days challenge.  Things look a lot better around here, too. :) It's a little harder to remember everything done by the end of the week as opposed to blogging each day about it, but I've been taking some pics each day which will hopefully jog my memory. 

Let's see, Tuesday we received a nice box in the mail. It contained the six-volume Matthew Henry Commentary, Christians  Are For Ever (an abridged version of The Doctrine of the Saints' Perseverance Explained and Confirmed by John Owen), and a gift for a friend.  It is nice to have MH in book form. I'm sure that young people don't mind reading everything on their iPhone or on the computer, but some of us old folks like pages that won't strain our eyes the way staring at a TV (essentially) for hours does. 

On Wednesday I found this great "craft" we can use to countdown for our trip to Texas, which is in less than two weeks.  (In all honesty, I found it at that link via 2 more links I can no longer remember...hence the reason I was blogging daily. :D)


We were going to take Babycakes to get his hair cut that morning but put it off until Thursday.  And what fun that was. </sarcasm> Rather than say anything, I will let the pictures speak for themselves.


Before





This pic makes me regret not getting it done on Wednesday.  Would've made a truly great Wordless Wednesday post. :)



This was so not worth it.


Thing 2 ready for his cut.


H-F wasn't ready to cut his hair. Fine with me, I have a bottle full of de-tangler.


Thing 2 doesn't mind haircuts as much as his brother.


He really didn't seem any worse for the wear.


Here's another one who hates to have his hair cut.  At least he doesn't scream anymore, though. :)


A little shorter than I wanted but we'll deal.



So we're done with paid haircuts again for a while.  The Teenager is just going to have to save his money and pay for his cuts since he no longer wants the clipper cuts I give.

Today is the last day of school for Things 1 & 2.  Next week they have Space Camp all week, then we are off to Texas.  On the weekends we have ballet rehearsals (this weekend) and the show (next weekend). I'm ready for June to be over and it's only the 3rd. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment