For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Gift

                 


Gift.

I have received so many. It would be easy to say the greatest gift I've received was forgiveness and salvation through Christ's work on the cross. And it would be true. But there are other gifts I've received. Gifts from Him that have caused me to grow and to, hopefully, be more like Him.

The gift of peace. I live in relative peace. Most of my worries are just my bored mind having nothing better to stress about. In this peace I can take a lot of time to grow closer to Him.

The gift of prayer. I have to wonder why I have spent more time neglecting this gift than using it. The idea that we can draw near to the Creator of the universe should bring me awe and respect, instead of apathy and neglect. What an amazing thing that God hears everything we say to Him, that He condescends to our level to help us understand and believe.

The gift of pain. Yes, it's a gift. Suffering is where we see if what we believe when life is peaceful is what we really believe or if we are just pretenders. It can be a strengthening to our faith as well. Nothing that happens to us happens by accident. It is all part of God's plan. It is all a gift from Him.

Five minutes up.

PS The picture of the gift links to another article that I found "by accident" when googling for a picture of a gift.

PPS I am having a giveaway of Warrior Prayers e-book. You have until tomorrow night to enter. I will probably not have time to draw the winner until bedtime coz it's gonna be a crazy busy day tomorrow. :)

PPPS Click here for more Five Minute Friday entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment