For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ski Day 2012

Sent three boys off to ski with their dad last Thursday, but not the usual three boys. The Teenager still doesn't trust his balance so he had the joy of staying home with me and cleaning house. :)

I consider myself lucky because for most of their lives, most of my kids will get up and be pretty happy about it, no matter the time. The current exceptions are The Teenager and Braniac, who considers 11:15 an early time for school. But even Braniac was up and at 'em pretty quickly this morning.


Thing 2.


Thing 1.


Braniac getting his shoes on.


He was happy, but I think he was kind of dazed.


Thing 2 doesn't look very happy to go, does he? ;)


Here's the crew ready to get into the van an get up to ski school.


It was a beautiful day. It was down here in the valley too. 80-something and sunny. I love SoCal. :)




Thing 2's snow angel.


How much alike to Things 1 & 2 look? I have to keep reminding Thing 2 that this pic is HIM, not his brother. :D


Turns out Braniac is a genius at skiing as well. The teachers were most impressed with his first time out. He advanced 2 levels in one day. And he did great staying in the class. DH said that when they went by Braniac just waved and went back to his class. Makes me think that maybe he's really serious about going into ballet after he turns five next month...I won't hold my breath. :D


Some people, who do not yet grow hair on their faces, did not get enough sunscreen, or reapply, or something. It was not pleasant for several days.

Well, with them starting school next year it will be more difficult to get a date to go up there. We might just have to "cheat" and play hooky. ;)

PS If you made it this far, I invite you to participate in my first ever giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment