For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Times They Are A-Changin'

I'm sure Thing 1 would like to point out that I stole that title from Scarecrow & Mrs. King. :)

So, I learned something this morning...searches on my phone are not the same as searches on the computer. I don't know why. You'd think if it's the same search engine it would render the same results. At any rate, after a bit of research on the big box, I found a good posting board to ask my questions at and feel much better. I will keep plugging along, and just try to stay on top of things for Braniac.

So, having a boy genius in the house is certainly something new. And, as I said about school, some kids will be going in the fall. Things 1&2 and Braniac will attend a private Lutheran school about 15 min from our house. This will give me time to help The Teenager, who will be staying home and taking classes through a local PSP. He's looking forward to it. My hope is to have him ready to take a few classes at the Christian High School by 10th grade, and work our way up to 4 classes by 11th & 12th grade.

I suppose the biggest change is that we are in a new church. And man am I happy about that. I won't go into the gory details, I have a private blog for that. :D But, as I was talking to the PSP leader today I realized that things are so different around here than they were just a few months ago, and I definitely know it's getting into our new church. We have been taking a marriage class for Sunday School which has really helped. The kids are in AWANA and are loving it. For those of you who are not on my FB and Twitter, Thing 1 took first place AND the only High Honors of the competition. The Junior High ministry is great and really helping The Teenager grow much more than anything previously did. The middles love the Elementary Sunday School and Babycakes is always thrilled to get into the nursery.

The preaching is good, convicting and encouraging. The focus is always on living our lives completely for Christ out of gratitude for the work He did for us on the Cross. The church desires to equip people to do so as well. It is a large church so there are multiple bible studies. There are opportunities to serve in many different capacities, but there is no feeling that you must serve in everything that comes up, only in what you can do and feel gifted/called to do.

I could say more but that would put this blog into the category of my other and I don't want to do that. There's a time and a place for everything. This isn't the place. :) Suffice to say we are grateful to have found this new church so quickly after only a minor bump in the road (sts) on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment