For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Perspective


On Fridays over here a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes. Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Your words. This shared feast.
If you have five minutes, we double dog dare you to spend it writing here
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.





.


Perspective

3. a visible scene, especially one extending to a distance; vista

The perspective one gains from a mountaintop view is exhilarating. I know a bit about it as I grew up in the Rockies. To this day I have never tired of a panoramic scene from a mountain turn off or trail. It gives one perspective, they say. The same is true for a spiritual mountaintop. From here I gain a perpective more difficult to acquire while walking in the "valley of the shadow of death." Here it is to easy hear God's whisper, His still, small voice. But I cannot stay here, I live in the valley, both figuratively and literally. 

As  child, while I loved the scenery around me, I never "took advantage" of it. I was always busy with school and friends and TV and music. I never just sat back and really got all I could out of the beauty and peace that surrounded me. This carried over into my adulthood and my Christian walk. In times of spiritual peace, I was too busy to grow and, most importantly, prepare myself for my next trial.

I pray that I have finally realized my error and that this current time of peace will be used wisely to "seek the Lord while He may be found" because I know that it will not be long before I must return to the valley. And the growth I attain now will make the difference in my perspective of my trial....will I shake my fist at God or will I "fear no evil" because the perspective I gained from this mountaintop confirms in me that He is with me and His rod and His staff comforteth me?

No comments:

Post a Comment