For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Dessert first...well, that's what got made first. :)


Williams-Sonoma now has a line of Gluten-Free mixes. The kids were dying to try the Red Velvet. 


Cupcakes take less clean up, you know?


Yes, it's true, I really need to get my regular camera fixed. :/


And this time, the camera really didn't do it justice.

This idea is based on something I found, surprisingly (haha), on Pinterest.


First we had to make up for not having Braniac's birthday (due to my bronchitis).


A giant coloring book. He thinks it's pretty perfect.




I have a long comment to make here...you can see Thing 2's hands are rather blurry. That's coz he gets more excited about other people opening gifts than he gets opening his own. I don't have to re-read Love Languages by Gary Chapman to know that "gifts" is his love language. Giving & receiving are his favorite things to do. :) Seeing how he wants to be a missionary I am going to have to instill in him an ability and desire to make homemade gifts. :D


So, I made out like a bandit. A nice picture frame to put the picture they took at church in. :) (ps the bad grammar is intentional...just to bug you.)


A nice pillow that Thing 2, of course, picked out. This thing is really comfy. Can sleep for hours on it. :D


Another pillow from Thing 2. He bought this with his AWANA bucks. He and Thing 1 always do that with their "church money."

I also got some nice crocheted kitchen towels (I love crocheted towels) which my mil made. And a nice check which I will use to pay off the rest of high school camp, the deposit for school, and send Thing 1 to summer camp. I used to say that with any money I got I'd buy book and if there was anything left I buy food and clothes. Now I say I get stuff for my kids and if there's anything left I get something for the house. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment