For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

And They're Off

Shipped my two oldest off to camp today. The Teenager had to be at church at 6:30am. It sounds early for a Sunday, I know, but I'm really supposed to be getting up at 5 anyway so it provided motivation and proved I could do it easily. We'll see how things go in the morning. :D


Here's the posh ride the high schoolers took to Hume Lake. The Teenager now leads everyone else in the family for times at Hume Lake. He left behind some very jealous brothers, and maybe a jealous mom too. ;)


After dropping The Teenager off I had to get back home and we had to get ready to go back to church. I was a little out of it and discovered Braniac had completely dressed himself.  I probably would have suggested his tan pants.But seriously, what hope is there fashion-wise for a kid who takes 2 minutes to find a pair of socks that mismatches "correctly?" :)


Then we ran home, had a quick lunch, gave Thing 1 a shower, and packed up and went back to church.


Obviously, 13-3rd & 4th graders driving up the mountain to Forest Home didn't warrant quite the same treatment. But he didn't make any complaints getting on. :)


And then he was off too. I was OK, until then. I guess I was so busy all morning I didn't have time to think about it. It's going to be a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment