For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Join

I used to feel the need to join everything. Whether it was a class offered at my favorite Michael's or a need at church, I thought I had to be there. I don't suppose there's anything intrinsically wrong with doing that, but in my case it was a need to belong that forced me to do it. I thought I had to join groups to be somebody. I thought I had to join in conversations so I could have more friends. Over the course of time I had five kids. That didn't help a whole lot. It just gave me more to join. But, finally, God showed me all this. It wasn't a painless lesson. I am a rebellious person so it was just another hard one. But now I know that I don't need to join anything to be somebody. I am somebody because Christ makes me somebody. So if I don't join your group, or your class, or sign up to join every last thing listed in the bulletin on Sunday, don't take it the wrong way. I have joined the only thing I'll ever need to make me a whole person..I have joined with Christ.

PS If you're in SoCal you can JOIN us at the Harvest Crusade on Saturday or Sunday evening.
PPS Yes, old friends, we have gone that far off the deep end...and we hope you'll join us. ;D
PPPS OK, I had way too much fun with that one but I'm not creative enough to come up with another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About Five Minute Friday

Stop, drop & write. It’s #FiveMinuteFriday !
Where a beautiful crowd spends five minutes all writing on the same topic and then sharing ‘em over here.
How to Join:
Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment