For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

School--Week 2


Started the week off with a holiday. It was nice to have the kids home all day. :)


It was still extraordinarily warm but there were a few pretty clouds.


This is Braniac pretending to be a flower. :)


I spent most of the day planning The Teenager's week.


Tuesday saw everyone off to school, and back to ballet.


Braniac wanted me to take a picture of the mountains and clouds before we left.


The Teenager got started on official high school work, German 1 here.


Babycakes and I worked on his garden.



Braniac working on a signature wardrobe for when he is a rockstar. :D


Wednesday seemed to start out the same.


But Braniac developed a sudden clinginess.


So I promised him I'd stay with him for chapel.


And was very glad I did.


Turns out that the first chapel of the month is used for Baptismal Remembrance. Because Louis was baptized in July (or August, I can't remember anymore) He was called up.


Poor kid. Didn't know he was supposed to kneel. I think it's obvious now who the non-Lutherans in the crowd are. ;)


At home I did a bit of gardening in the front with Babycakes.


Then we started in on our "formal" work. We are working on the three primary colors, numbers 1-3, letter A, and plants. I write on the board while he marks on the board. He really enjoys this time. :)


Later we went to pick his bothers up after a trip to the store. He got a pop. No, it didn't live through playing in the leaves. ;)


Spock got his first taste of real homework...and he loves it. He actually absolutely is in love with going to school. I'm very happy. He was the only one I couldn't gauge. He's so practical. When I asked him, after we'd decided to send them to school, if he thought he'd like it, he said, "I don't know, I haven't been there yet." :)


It was Back to School night so Stan and I went back to hear what was going on in the classrooms and in the school. We're pleased, so far. We like the pastor. He seems to be interested in reaching people and helping them. Best of all, when we talked with the 3rd-4th grade teacher about Nutcracker and the boys being in the school show she said, "Well, we should go see it then." :D



Thursday found Spock learning how to do homework and eat breakfast at the same time. I think this is a necessary skill since he likes school so much we will probably seek to send him all the way though high school. ;D


Thursday also brought Braniac to tears. :( Just too tired from full-day Kindy (can't find a local private school that doesn't have one). So we planned to get him to bed earlier.



A little more white-board work with Babycakes.


He especially like this picture of Thomas I drew. 


In the afternoon, Braniac and Spock worked on supplemental work (yes, I'm one of *those* parents) and homework respectively at ballet while Mr. Great-heart was in class.


Friday Braniac was much happier.


The Teenager started his Grammar class so Babycakes took me on an exploratory tour of the church compound where the class is held.


And got to play with the drinking fountain. He thought that was pretty awesome since he's not normally allowed to do so.


Then we stopped by Chick fil A. Babycakes did pretty well, considering he wasn't allowed to play in the playground coz we had to go to Sprouts for some groceries.


At art school, Braniac is working on Tigger, but still has some more to do before he brings it home. The Teenager did this bird on his second class.


And just in case you wanted to know how much Spock likes school...he brought his science book home this weekend to read...for fun. :)

Next week we add Sign Language for Braniac, Mr. Great-heart, and Spock, and violin lessons for Braniac and Spock. AND..AND...AND!!!! (Can you tell I am soooooooo excited?) a musical theater class at ballet FOR!!!! The Teenager!!! I feel like I can breath again after holding my breath for more than a year. It's a long story that involves more than just dance, this just sort of emphasizes how far we've come since this time last year. I am so thankful to God for His Mercy and Grace towards us over the past two years.  He truly is a great God, and He truly loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment