For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal #2


  v In my life this week…week 2 of the kids in school proved to be a bigger adjustment than week 1.
v  In our homeschool this week…The Teenager started full school and his writing class though the PSP. Planted some seeds with Babycakes. The Teenager is improving this week, Babycakes seems to have stalled again.
v  Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Pray. A lot. :)
v  I am inspired by…My friends who have kids with worse health and learning problems than mine. Reminds me that I really can do what God has set before me.
v  Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Went to The Teenager's Grammar class which was fun for Babycakes coz he got to wander all over the compound. :)
v  My favorite thing this week was…Finding out The Teenager's fave teacher was going to be teaching a musical theater class and The Teenager signing up for it. :)
v  What’s working/not working for us…Working--Babycakes and the whiteboard. He loves it. Not Working--The Teenager's math curriculum. I thought it was just a matter of being able to focus more time with him but it's the whole curriculum. We will be switching.
v  Questions/thoughts I have…"He came, He saw, He surrendered all so that we might be born again." The Nazarene by Michael Card--Yes, I'm that old. ;D
v  Things I’m working on…Working on cleaning out the playroom to turn it into a study/school room. My, haven't we come full circle? :D
v  I’m reading…The Ultimate Container Gardener by Stephanie Donaldson
v  I’m cooking…Still nothing. Will this heat never end?
v  I’m grateful for…Youcef Nadarkhani's release.
v  I’m praying for…Energy as we enter our first full week of school and all the extra-curricular activities
v  A photo, video, link, or quote to share…I started two new photo blogs this week. One for the daily pics I take of my kidsleaving for school. One for the weekly pics of The Teenager's art work. :)



The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.


No comments:

Post a Comment