For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal #1


Decided to try out The Homeschool Mother's Journal this week. (click above for more)
  • In my life this week…Sent the middle kids off to school so I could focus on The Teenager and Babycakes.
  • In our homeschool this week…Worked on shapes and colors with Babycakes and some speech. The Teenager worked on Science and Health.
  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Putting your head through the wall, while it makes you feel better in the short term, is only creating more work for yourself. ;)
  • I am inspired by…People who overcome.
  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…This week Babycakes went to ballet/tap class & The Teenager started art class.
  • My favorite thing this week was…Hearing Babycakes say "Edward" and include the d's. Seeing The Teenager's first finished artwork.
  • What’s working/not working for us…Working--Using DVDs like Thomas the Tank Engine to stimulate Babycakes' interest in talking, or at least saying words. Not Working--The Teenage still won't get up to an alarm (see above note about putting your head through the wall).
  • Questions/thoughts I have…Sending the middles to school has been less painful for me than I thought it'd be. 
  • Things I’m working on…Our schedule and The Teenager's lesson plans.
  • I’m reading…The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment (yes, still)
  • I’m cooking…Nada. It's too hot to cook anything. OK, we are cooking stuff for breakfast coz I want the kids to go off with a nice filling meal so they don't get hungry before school starts.
  • I’m grateful for…God's grace.
  • I’m praying for…Patience as I go into the first full week of homeschooling an LD child through high school. OK, maybe peace, too. :D
  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…OK, I confess. I am doing this for the first time coz I want to show off The Teenager's artwork. :D




Have a blessed Lord's Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment