Decided to try out The Homeschool Mother's Journal this week. (click above for more)
- In my life this week…Sent the middle kids off to school so I could focus on The Teenager and Babycakes.
- In our homeschool this week…Worked on shapes and colors with Babycakes and some speech. The Teenager worked on Science and Health.
- Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Putting your head through the wall, while it makes you feel better in the short term, is only creating more work for yourself. ;)
- I am inspired by…People who overcome.
- Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…This week Babycakes went to ballet/tap class & The Teenager started art class.
- My favorite thing this week was…Hearing Babycakes say "Edward" and include the d's. Seeing The Teenager's first finished artwork.
- What’s working/not working for us…Working--Using DVDs like Thomas the Tank Engine to stimulate Babycakes' interest in talking, or at least saying words. Not Working--The Teenage still won't get up to an alarm (see above note about putting your head through the wall).
- Questions/thoughts I have…Sending the middles to school has been less painful for me than I thought it'd be.
- Things I’m working on…Our schedule and The Teenager's lesson plans.
- I’m reading…The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment (yes, still)
- I’m cooking…Nada. It's too hot to cook anything. OK, we are cooking stuff for breakfast coz I want the kids to go off with a nice filling meal so they don't get hungry before school starts.
- I’m grateful for…God's grace.
- I’m praying for…Patience as I go into the first full week of homeschooling an LD child through high school. OK, maybe peace, too. :D
- A photo, video, link, or quote to share…OK, I confess. I am doing this for the first time coz I want to show off The Teenager's artwork. :D
Have a blessed Lord's Day everyone.