For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our grateful hymn of praise.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Projects Finished

OK, so they aren't so much projects as they are edibles. ;)

A few weeks ago a friend of mine from my Hello Mornings Challenge Twitter group posted something about doing a Pinterest challenge. (You can check out hers, here. Mine really aren't for gifts so they'd probably fall into this type of challenge.) It sounded interesting so I determined that this month I'd start trying to move several pins over to my Pinned and Done board. The first week I had bronchitis. Figures. :D

So for week two of April I completed the cupcakes & cake recipe, as well as a new decorating technique with an icing that wasn't exactly up to snuff. I also made this tasty dish.


Yes, that's her picture. I was too hungry to wait for a picture. ;)

I embellished a bit since I feel the need for meat in all my pasta recipes, and more cheese is just a given. (See point in previous post about how I haven't been thin since my first kid. :D) Here's what I ended up with:

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic (I buy my garlic by the jar, which is why I changed this.)
1-lb ground beef
2-14.5 oz. cans diced Italian seasoned tomatoes (saves one step & the seasoning has been on them longer so they have a better flavor)
1 tsp. dried oregano
S&P
1 lb. pasta (tubes) (Gluten Free, Trader Joe's brand)
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed
parmesan cheese to cover each specified layer.

Directions:
Start water for pasta. After pasta is added, heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and cook over medium high heat, 1 min. Add ground beef, and brown. Add tomatoes and oregano, and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally until thickened, 15 min. Add S&PPreheat oven to 400FToss pasta with sauce. Place half of pasta in an oiled 9×13” dish.Cover with parmesan (I covered the whole layer until I couldn't see it. :D) and half mozzarella. Top with remaining pasta, then parmesan and mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.


If the visuals are too confusing, copy it and paste it into word where you can easily change the formatting.


So that's five pins in one week. Not sure how successful I'll be this week since there are no birthdays. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment